Administration and Human Resources
Our priority objectives and principles in the Administration and Human Resource Department (AHRD) center on effective implementation of the Agency’s Conditions of Service (COS), dynamic response to changing trends in people management, infrastructural needs, safety, and security.
The Department is made up of the following Units, namely:
- Personnel & Records
- Project and General Services
- Transport and Logistics
- Security and Intelligence
- Health and Medical Services
- Health, Safety, and Environment
Insurance Policies And Their Properties.
1. Marine Hull Insurance And Machinery Breakdown:
This class of policy covers damage to the Agency’s vessels/machinery damage and other water perils on the following:
1. Machinery breakdown, 2. Malicious damage, 3. Fire and other related perils, and 4. Water related accidents.
2. Group Life Assurance
This covers death in service of NIMASA Permanent Staff only.
3. Group Personal Accident:
This policy universally covers NIMASA Staff against the following:
- Medical Expenses;
- Partial, Temporary or permanent disability; and
- Accidental Death.
4. Industrial Risk
5. Motor/Automobile Insurance
6. Employee Compensation Scheme
This was gazetted by the Federal Government Act 2010. It demands one percent (1%) of each staff emoluments paid by the Agency thus, it is not dependent on deductions from Staff Emoluments. It is work-related or occupational vices in nature and does not provide universal coverage as Group Personal Accident although it provides similar coverage. It covers the staff against the following:
- Medical Expenses;
- Temporary or permanent disability; and
- Accidental Death. For all the policies above, the period of cover is 365 days (one year)
HEALTH AND MEDICAL SERVICES
The Health Services unit inspects, accredits and regulates medical facilities that conduct seafarers’ medical examination and certification nationwide. • Pre-sea Medical fitness Examinations and certification for seafarers • Periodic medical fitness examination and certification for seafarers • Biannual medical certification workshops for Maritime Health Services Providers (MHSP) – Regulatory
Seafarers Medical Certification Processes
i. The medical certificate of fitness for seafarers genuinely reflects a seafarer’s state of health the medical certification will be carried out in certified Medical facilities authorized by NIMASA SARBC through the revised guidelines/standard for medical certification (ILO/WHO 2013:9).
ii. The accredited MHSP must subject the seafarer to all the recommended medical investigations to arrive at reproducible medical findings in line with the stipulations in the Medical Certification Guidelines under absolute medical confidentiality.
iii. The Certifying MHSP must understand as examining medical practitioners acting on behalf of the Agency and where applicable refer medical problem found for further investigation and treatment whether or not the seafarer is issued with a medical certificate
iv. The certified Seafarer must have the original copy of the Medical certificate, the MHPS retains the clinic copy while the Safety copy as well as the soft copy of the list of screened seafarers must be forwarded to the nearest Search and Rescue Base Clinic of the Agency
v. The period of validity of medical certificate would be for duration of 2years from date of issue as specified by MLC, 2006, (stanadardA1.2, PARAGRAPH 7) and STCW convention, 1978, as amended. However, the maximum validity of certificate may not apply in identified cases below:
• If the seafarer is under 18 years of age, the maximum validity of the certificate is one year.
• Medical certificates expires during the course of a voyage, it will continue to be in force until the next port of call where the seafarers can obtain a medical certificate from a recognized medical physician by the party, provided the certificate does not exceed three months
- Cabotage Services
- Maritime safety & security
- Ship Registration
- Seafarer standard & certification
- Maritime Labour Services
- Maritime Environment Mgt
- Maritime Capacity Building
- Ships And Shipping Development
- Legal Services
- ADMINISTRATION AND HUMAN
- INTERNATIONAL SHIP AND PORT
- FACILITY SECURITY (ISPS)
- Summary of NIMASA Tariff
- NIMASA Medical Services
- Financial Services
- Staff E-mail
- Freight Rates Benchmark